Dushyant Singh Chautala is an Indian politician and currently serves as Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana. He represents Uchana Kalan constituency in Haryana Legislative assembly. He is a Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) politician. He is co-founder of JJP. He served as a Member of Parliament in 16th Lok Sabha representing Hisar constituency. He is the youngest Member of Parliament (M.P.) in the history of Indian Parliament in 2014.
He was born in a political family and hence, got interested in politics as well. He is the 4th generation politician in his family.
- Dushyant Chautala was born on 3 April,1988 in Daroli, Hisar District of Haryana.
- He belongs to the Jat Community.
He is a rising star in the world of politics, he is the part of 11 crucial portfolio in Haryana government. He is fond of studies from his childhood.
- He completed his initial schooling from St. Mary School, Hisar and The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh.
- He then completed his B.Sc.
- He then pursued his MBA (Management) from California State University, California, USA.
- He had done his Masters of Law from National Law University, Delhi.
He belongs to an illustrious family of politicians in Haryana who have ardently worked towards the upliftment of farmers.
- Great Grandson of Former Deputy P.M. Ch. Devi Lal.
- Grandson of Om Parkash Chautala.
- Son of Ajay Singh Chautala and Naina Chautala.
- He has a younger Brother – Digvijay Singh Chautala.
- Nephew of Abhay singh Chautala, who belongs to Indian National Lokdal Party (INLD).
- He married Meghna Chautala on 18 April, 2017.
After being out of power in Haryana for over 15 years, Ch. Devi Lal’s family was back on the top after his great grandson Dushyant Chautala became Deputy C.M. of Harayana.
- He contested and won the 2014 general election from Hisar Lok Sabha constituency. He conquered Kuldeep Bishnoi of Haryana Janhit Congress by a gap of 31,847 votes.
- He was expelled from INLD on 2 November, 2018 by his grandfather O.P. Chautala. In an INLD rally at Gohana, in October 2018, there was interruption of Abhay Chautala for which Dushyant chautala and Digvijay Chautala (his younger brother) were blamed.
- When Dushyant and Digvijay chautala were removed from INLD for supposedly permitting indiscipline and spreading disaffection within the party against the party leadership during the birthday celebration of Ch. Devi Lal on Oct. 7, in Gohana at a rally, their father Ajay Chautala supported them and he too, was expelled from the party.
- He, then, launched a separate party known as JJP (Jannayak Janta Party) at a rally in Jind, in December 2018.
- Contested and lost the 2019 general election to BJP.
- Contested the 2019 Haryana assembly election from the Uchana Kalan constituency of Haryana and won.
- On 27 October 2019, he was sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
How BJP was merged with JJP and how Dushyant became CM:-
- Legislative Assembly elections were held in Haryana on 21 October,2019 to elect 90 members of Haryana Legislative Assembly and results were announced on 24 October, 2019.
- BJP narrowly managed to retain power in Haryana. Manohar Lal Khattar, led BJP won 40 seats out of 90 seat assembly and emerged as the single largest party. However, it was a little far from the majority of seats(46 seats). At that time, JJP won 10 seats, Congress bagged 31 seats, INLD got 1 seat and other got 8 votes.
- BJP could not merge with congress. So, they merged with JJP. Manohar Lal Khattar, became the CM of haryana for the second time on October 27, 2019. JJP chief Dushyant Chautala became deputy CM.
Dushyant Chautala's Timeline (What Happened to Him)
Got involved in a controversy where he cut a cake with a map of his own state, Haryana. People said that it is a very shameful thing for a deputy CM to break the map of his own state.
Haryana assembly passed the bill providing 75% reservation to local private sector jobs having monthly salary of less than 30,000 rs. H.C., then put stay on this decision and S.C., then, set aside the decision of H.C.
Supported farmers rather than supporting BJP. And said in a press conference, that all of his 10 M.L.A are ready to quit in case of any risk to MSP.
Farmers showed him black flags in protest against his sirsa visit. He was in Sirsa to unveil the statue of former deputy PM Devi Lal at Ch. Devi Lal University.
Became deputy CM of Haryana after coalition of JJP with BJP.BJP won 40 seats out of 90 seats and could not get majority. JJP won 10 seats, Congress bagged 30 seats , INLD got 1 vote and others got 8 vote. So, BJP got merge with JJP.
Formed JJP (Janta Jannayak Party). After family disputes with Abhay Chautala (Uncle) and Om Parkash Chautala (Grandfather). When he, his brother (Digvijay Chautala) were expelled from the INLD (Indian National LokDal) Party, his father (Ajay Chautala) also left the party and supported them.And then, Dushyant Chautala formed a party named as JJP.
Became the youngest ever elected member of MP and hold a record in 'limca book of world record' and started his political career. In 2014, he defeated Kuldeep Bishnoi of Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) by a margin of 31,847 votes.
He was born on 3 April, 1988 at Daroli, Hisar district of Haryana. He belongs to a Jat community. He represents Uchana Kalan constituency.
- He was the vice-chairman, Jan Nayak Ch. Devi Lal Vidyapeeth, Sirsa.
- He hold the Guinness world record for most organs (eyes) donated (10,458 eyes).
- He planted over 10,000 plants in haryana on the 100th Birth Anniversary of Ch. Devi Lal Ji, former deputy P.M. of India.
- He collected over 6,380 blood units through the Blood Donation Camps on 13th March 2013 in Haryana.
- His name is recorded in Limca book of records as “The youngest ever elected Member of Parliament of India”.
- In 2017, he became the first Indian to be granted with highest civilian honor by the Cooperation commission of Arizona, USA.
- He represented India in IPU global conference of Young Parliamentarian in Tokyo, Japan in 2005.
- May 2014:- Elected to 16th Lok Sabha Leader, Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) Party in Lok Sabha.
- 1 Sept. 2014 – 14 Dec, 2016 :- Member, Standing Committee on Urban Development.
- 5 March, 2015 – onwards :- Member, Committee on Papers laid on the table (Lok Sabha) co- convenor, Parliamentarians group for children and WASH form member, Consultative committee, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- 1 May, 2016 – onwards :- Member,Committee on estimates.
- 14 Dec , 2016- onwards :- Member, standing committee on commerce.
This information has been taken from:-https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/elections/candidates/dushyant-chautala
Assets and Liabilities:-
Note:- This information is an archive of the candidate’s self declared affidavit that was filed during the election. The current status of this information may be different. For the latest available information, please refer to the affidavit filed by the candidate to the Election commission in the most recent election.
- Net worth :- Rs. 30 crore (In Lok Sabha 2014 election)
Assets:- Rs. 36,13,26,990 (36 crore+)
Liabilities :- Rs. 6,87,44,460 (6 crore+)
- Net worth :- Rs. 34 crore (In Haryana election 2014)
Assets:- Rs. 35,83,01,374 (Rs. 35 crore+)
Liabilities:- Rs. 1,87,44,460 ( Rs. 1 crore+)
- Net worth :- Rs. 70 crore (In Lok Sabha 2019 )
Assets:- Rs. 76,94,52,859 ( Rs. 76 crore+)
Liabilities:- Rs. 6,83,31,773 (Rs. 6 crore+)
- Net worth :- Rs. 70 crore (In haryana election 2019)
Assets:- Rs. 74,77,01,912 (Rs. 74 crore+)
Liabilities:- Rs. 5,20,43,599 (Rs. 5 crore+)
About 85% of M.P. in Lok Sabha are crorepatis. This information is taken from:-https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/elections/news/the-top-richest-haryana-vidhan-sabha-election-2019-candicrore/articleshow/71628240.cms
And this graph clearly shows the share of wealth among contesting candidates in Lok Sabha 2019 elections. This graph shows that:-
- About 11% of M.P. owns Rs. 5 Crore and above.
- Assets of about 11% of M.P. ranges between Rs. 2 Crore – 5 Crore.
- About 23% of M.P. contributes to assets worth Rs. 50 Lakh- 2 Crore.
- About 28% of M.P. own Rs. 10 Lakh- 50 Lakh.
- About 27% of M.P. contributes to assets worth worth less than Rs. 10 Lakh.
Involved in Controversies:–
1. As Dushyant Chautala had to face farmer’s protest many- a- times. On the introduction of controversial farm laws, the Khap leaders announce “social boycott” of Dushyant Chautala. This news has been taken from:-
2. And a new matter of controversy arose on his 34th birthday. In fact, whole controversy is due to his birthday cake. Where he cut a cake with a map of Haryana. Now, People say that it is a very shameful thing for a deputy CM to break the map of his own state into pieces, even if it is a cake again.
This information has been taken from:-https://english.newstracklive.com/news/deputy-cm-dushyant-chautala-cut-cake-of-map-of-haryana-on-his-birthday-mc25-nu764-ta334-1221005-1.html
3. At Choudhary Devi Lal University, when Dushyant Chautala cleared an entrance for PhD under its Journalism and mass communication dept. With many aspiring candidates accusing the institutions of tweaking the norms to facilitate his entry into the course. This news has been taken from:- https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/chandigarh-news/row-over-phd-admissions-at-sirsa-varsity-after-dushyant-makes-the-cut-101646855741598.html